EPIC Companies is looking for a self-motivated and high-energy team member in the construction department to join our team.
This person must be able to provide leadership, coordination, supervision, and ensure the safety and productivity of the jobsite for mixed use and commercial projects. As a key participant in the relationship with the contractor, other contractors, the company, and client; the superintendent acts as a management liaison and client interface. They would work under the Vice President of Construction to perform duties, tasks, and responsibilities assigned.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reading and interpreting construction plans and specifications
- Performing quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed
- Communicating with project team regarding addendums, RFI’s, and material submittals
- Ensuring subcontractors are fully executing and complying with contracted scope of work
- Coordinating required inspections with local jurisdictions
- Knowing, understanding, communicating, and ensuring compliance with OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) regulations and company safety policies and procedures. Identifying subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards
- Perform regular jobsite safety toolbox talks, inspections, and audits
- Identifying conflicts in construction progress and communicating them to project team for resolution.
- Maintaining daily log (written) of activities on the jobsite
- Daily photo documentation of project
- Performing Superintendent duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously
- Ensuring subcontracting has corrected all deficiencies identified by project team
- Walking project daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning
- Providing & implementing lookahead schedules that are coordinated with subcontractors & project team
- Presiding over weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work
- Issuing notices of noncompliance to subcontractors regarding quality of work or scheduling
- Ensuring that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner
- Performing job progress and completion punch list identification and execution