West Fargo, ND
EPIC Companies is looking for a Project Manager to join our CBE team in the West Fargo area. The ideal candidate must have the ability to quickly shift gears and coordinate a multitude of tasks within a busy, modern work environment. EPIC Companies focuses on building mixed-use and commercial buildings that enhance communities through innovative development.
The Project Manager will plan and coordinate all aspects of the construction process from design phase to project closeout that adheres to our design standards. Responsibilities would include, but not be limited to the following:
Duties & Essential Job Functions:
- Participate in, and lead when needed, design meetings with consultants to ensure project scope and details are in line with company/project standards.
- Coordinate with internal departments, consultants, and vendors on necessary items to be incorporated into assigned projects.
- Perform preconstruction services including estimating, scoping, bidding, and buyout.
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget, and consistent with approved scope.
- Actively participate in the value engineering process if necessary.
- Manage project construction budgets, costs, change orders, and overall project budget and financial reporting.
- Create and maintain the overall master project schedule.
- Attend and participate in onsite weekly construction coordination meetings.
- Track, review, and manage all submittals required for the assigned project(s).
- Create, Review, and Manage the RFI process for the assigned project(s)
- Participate in risk evaluation, contract negotiations, fee and pricing decisions.
- Work directly with superintendent and trade partners on daily basis to ensure projects is successful.
- Lead, coordinate, and follow through in the punch list & turnover process of assigned projects in a joint effort with construction managers.
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets project standards.
- Schedule meetings as necessary with consultants, superintendent(s), internal teammates, and other personnel as required to address various construction issues.
- Effectively forecast and anticipate potential conflicts or issues; effectively work through and provide solutions to keep project(s) on track.
- With the assistance of the accounting staff, generate & review monthly pay applications.
- Effective and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in fast-paced environment
- Flexible, team-oriented attitude and strong organizational skills.
- Adaptable to frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to plan and execute work independently
- Ability to read & understand construction plans, specifications, and documentation
- Ability to problem solve and resolve disputes
- Capacity to read and understand legal documents and contracts
- Proficient in Procore, MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), Bluebeam preferred
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Construction Engineering and/or a minimum of 7 years’ experience in an similar role in commercial, mixed-use construction required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of verifiable experience in a similar role and project types
- Health, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Competitive Salary
- Like Insurance
- Simple IRA with company match after 1 year of service
- Supplement Voluntary Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Paid & Flex Holidays
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Standing for up to 1 hour at a time
- Ability to communicate orally and hear/understand oral communication
- Ability to utilize fine motor skills, reach and grasp, stoop and bend
- Ability to lift, carry, push and/or pull items up to 15 lbs.
- Sitting for up to 2 hours at a time
- Standing for more than 1 hour at a time
- Sitting for more than 2 hours
- Moving from one workstation to another
- Ability to lift, carry, push and/or pull items over 15 lbs
EPIC Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce.