Now Hiring: Construction Manager Position
October 5, 2020
Interested in joining our team? Read below!
EPIC Companies Construction Manager
EPIC Companies is looking for a self-motivated and high-energy team member to join their team as a Construction Manager. This person must have the ability to quickly shift gears and coordinate a multitude of tasks within a busy, modern office. EPIC Companies focuses on building mixed-use buildings that enhance the landscape throughout the region.
The main goal for the Construction Manager role would be to coordinate the fit-ups of commercial tenant spaces. Plan, direct, coordinate, or budget, usually through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems. Participate in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling, and implementation. As the project manager at EPIC you would be responsible for planning and coordinating all aspects of the construction process assigned to you from design phase to project closeout. This includes:
• Coordinating, preparing, and scheduling work for the entire project team
• Building & monitoring accurate construction cost estimates
• Making construction related decisions that minimize risk
• Reviewing construction to ensure work is done per specification and of acceptable quality
• Working with project owner(s) to ensure satisfaction
• Acting as point of contact & facilitating communication between project team members
• Making sure the site is cleaned up after each workday
• Hiring subcontractors to perform construction activity
• Ordering materials & obtaining permits to complete construction work
• Reading construction plans and specifications and making construction decisions
• Ensuring work complies with construction plans and building codes
• Reviewing subcontractor/supplier pay applications to ensure accuracy
• Reviewing product shop drawings and submittals and coordinating between the various trades to minimize conflicts
• 4-year degree in Construction Management or Construction Engineering (preferred, not required)
• Ability to work under high stress situations
• Ability to read construction plans and specifications
• Ability to resolve disputes
• Capacity to handle multiple tasks at the same time
• Capacity to read and understand legal documents and contracts
• Ability to efficiently use construction related software
• Effective communication skills
• Team player, willing to help others
• 401K retirement plan with company match
• Health, Dental, & Vision insurance plans
• Competitive Salary and opportunity to advance
• Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, and more!
For questions or inquiries please call/email Amy Hass, Senior Vice President at Amy@EPICCompaniesND.com.