Now Hiring: Framing Foreman/Crew Lead
July 22, 2021
Please send resume and three non-personal references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Framing Foreman/Crew Lead Job Description and Requirements
EPIC Companies is looking for a self-motivated and high-energy team member in the construction department to join our team. This person must be able to provide leadership, coordination, supervision, and ensure the safety and productivity of the crews at the jobsite who install and/or assemble the framing components of multi-family and commercial structures. As a key participant in the relationship with the contractor, other contractors, the company and client; the foreman/crew lead acts as a management liaison and client interface. They would work under the Vice President of Construction to perform duties, tasks, and responsibilities assigned.
Safety Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Knowing, understanding, communicating, and ensuring compliance with OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) regulations and company safety policies and procedures
- Identifying needs, and providing or arranging for, crew safety training
- Participating in safety/incident investigations and reviews
- Completing incident and other safety reports
- Expedites answers to any technical safety questions
- Adheres to safety procedures as it applies to the use of equipment and tools on the job site
- Identify & address unsafe conditions as well as employee concerns.
- Perform regular jobsite safety toolbox talks, inspections, and audits
Leadership and Supervision Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leads crew and is accountable for how the crew completes the assigned work
- Properly addresses client concerns and changes to construction
- Fosters employer client relationship
- Ensuring crew members are oriented to the job
- Assessing competency and capability of tradespersons; evaluating crew capability and benchmarking to others to ensure that the crew meets required levels of quality
- Communicating the job to and with the crew
- Ensures that equipment operators and or crew members are properly trained and qualified to operate tools and motorized equipment.
- Assigning of individual and crew tasks
- Training and mentoring crew members to complete specific tasks
- Recognizing, addressing, and resolving issues/problems among/between crew(s)
- Setting and maintaining work standards outlining behavioral expectations to ensure crew morale and productivity
- Applying the company’s corrective action policy where applicable
- Communicating the job to and from the Project Managers
- Ensuring crew compliance with project and company policies and procedures
Planning and Scheduling Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Accountable for following project plans, schedules, and ensuring the crew’s daily/weekly activities meet production goals.
- Identifying needs and deficiencies in the plan/schedule and communicating these to Project Managers
- Translating general work requirements into a prioritized plan for individual tasks and assignments
- Reviewing and adjusting specific workforce activities and task schedules to meet established production schedules
- Working with the crew to overcome work challenges
- Reporting any scheduling conflicts with other crews and contractors to Project Managers
- Organizes the crew, tools, and the equipment needed to perform tasks, as well as planning for tools & materials needed to minimize unnecessary trips.
Quality Control Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Accountable for ensuring the work performed meets standards and for recommending work processes to improve productivity and quality.
- Reads and properly interprets layout plans, blueprints, and other drawings as it applies the installation of machinery, equipment, and construction of industrial establishments.
- Overseeing the execution of the work, including quality and production, by ensuring that the crew works to job specifications and follows the blueprints
- Inspecting completed work and initiating timely resolution of any repairs
Administrative Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Accurately tracks and accounts for all labor on a daily basis and submits “Daily Logs” to appropriate persons including reporting late starts and/or missed days
- Documents all items removed from and returned to stock
- Tracks equipment used on jobsite documenting proper equipment numbers hours worked per day and equipment operators
- Completes “Driver’s Vehicle Inspection Report”, reports equipment and vehicle issues to appropriate persons
- Completes crew evaluations as required for raises and promotions
- Recommends personnel actions such as hiring, promotions, and corrective action
- Properly documents any corrective action taken
- Updates appropriate persons as to changes in status of crew members
- Properly documents and reports safety incidents to appropriate personnel
Framing Foreman/Crew Lead Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Supervision of construction personnel
- Minimum 5 years experience with installation of framing components, framing layout, and general construction.
- Knowledge in the construction of multi-family & commercial projects.
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings, and layout plans
- Ability to work in a stressful environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to plan and execute work independently
- Ability to meet scheduling deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to organize and delegate work
- Ability to coach, teach and manage crew members
- Knowledge of occupational health, safety, and environmental safety issues
- Ability to stand or remain on feet for extended periods of time
- Must be able to do moderate amounts of physical labor. Including but not limited to repetitive bending, lifting, and climbing
- Must have valid driver’s license
EPIC Companies offers:
- Health, Dental, & Vision insurance plans
- Competitive Salary and opportunity for advancement
- 401K retirement plan with company match after 1 year of employment
- Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, and more!
- Competitive compensation based on experience